CALL US FOR YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
- In Victoria at 250-380-2407
- Elsewhere on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands at 1-800-639-4694
All consultations are free, confidential and with no obligation to you.
You will meet or speak with a licensed Trustee or a qualified counsellor. We will assess your situation and advise you of your options.
A bankruptcy Trustee is an officer of the court. A bankruptcy Trustee is not an agent for you OR for your creditors, but the Trustee is responsible to both the debtor and their creditors.
If either a PROPOSAL or PERSONAL BANKRUPTCY is chosen, we will ask you to complete an application form. The application form will provide us with the detailed information necessary for us to prepare the PROPOSAL or BANKRUPTCY papers that you will then sign in order to start the process.
Completing the application does not start the bankruptcy or proposal process. It is the beginning of the information-gathering process by the Trustee.
There is some information that you should bring with you to the consultation:
- your latest income tax assessment or income tax return filed with Canada Revenue Agency
- a recent list of your financial assets
- proof of income or recent pay stub
- monthly business income and expenses if you are self-employed
- a recent opinion of value from a real estate agent or appraiser, and a statement of your current mortgage balance, if you own your home
- A list of your creditors with estimated dollar amounts owing
- your vehicle registration
How to fill out the Consultation Interview Form electronically:
- Click here to open the Consultation Interview Form
- Save it to your computer.
- Open the "Consultation Interview Form" from your computer and fill it out.
- Once completed, attach it in an email and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If you start filling out the form online and then hit save, all your data will be lost when you open the file next time! The form needs to be saved to your computer and opened from your desktop in order to be saved correctly.
You can also print the Consultation Interview form and fill it out by hand and fax it in to us at (250) 380-1004 or scan and email it to email@example.com
If you do not already have a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader from Adobe's home-page.